14 Steps for Healthy Guts- Where do I begin...?
Most cost effective alternatives are whole food nutrients.
Nutrient dense foods:
- Green Smoothie every. single. day. 2 cups (any frozen fruit plus any dark leafy greens, rotate produce)
- Homemade Milk Kefir every. single. day. 1 cup (gradually work up) (B vits, enzymes, most probiotics in proper ph)
- Homemade Bone Broth every. single. day. 1 cup (MANY nutrients needed for detox, plus minerals)
- Homemade Kombucha every. single. day. 1 cup (start with an ounce, increase by 1 ounce a week.) (displaces and replaces candida albicans in the gut, only if no mercury/amalgam fillings/toxicity issues, nor nursing)
- Liver one ounce, only three times a week. (B-vits essential for detox)
- Lentils or Beans, 1 cup per day. (folate, molybdenum)
- Coconut Oil 1 Tbls every. single. day. (medium chain fatty acids, kills candida in the large intestine)
- fermented CLO, every. single day. (most expensive item) (vit A, D, K, EFAs)
- Bubbies sauerkraut 1 Tbls. every. single. day. (or other raw, fermented food) (probiotics)
- Brazil nuts 1 ONLY, every. single. day. (selenium)
- Celtic Sea Salt a pinch in every glass of water, broth. (microminerals)
- Lemon juice , fresh squeezed, 1 tsp. in every glass of water or smoothie. (alkalizing to body ph, paradoxically)
- Raw local honey, 1 Tbls at bedtime. (helps bifidum bacteria to grow in the gut)
- Egg yolk , 1 per day. (nutrients help to detox)
- Nettles infusion, 1 or 2 cups per day. (many vitamins and minerals and phytonutrients)
- Kelp, 1 teaspoon every day.
- Epsom salt baths, 1 cup in a tub of water 3x/week for 20 minutes.
Total cost about $4 per day.
[This list was first created when someone asked for a multivitamin supplement suggestion.]
Welcome, we hope you will join us!
Pat Robinson, Wellness Educator
For more information about healing naturally, keep updated on Facebook Heal Thyself!
Overwhelmed? Where to start? ~Become your own Gut Guru!
P.S. Favorite Posts:
• The Beet Test (stomach acid?)
• Candida 101
• Green Smoothie Challenge
• Healthy Poop 101
• Master Tonic 101
• Nettle Leaf herbal infusions 101.
• Overwhelmed? Where to Start?!
• Probiotic Selection
P.P.S. • Favorite Topics • Extensive Video Library • Join in the discussions!