I had an epiphany about birth as a natural process when our son was conceived. I researched the medical studies about the benefits and risks of birthing interventions, including vaccinations. I viewed the toxins in pharmaceuticals differently, when it was my son. Our son was given antibiotics at birth which damaged his immune system and we had horrible colic and food intolerances to address for the first two years of his life.
Now he can eat all foods; but we avoid pasteurized dairy, GMO-soy, wheat, gluten and GMO-corn. Additionally, we follow a Feingold Diet.
I have done over 10,000 hours of study, read hundreds and hundreds of medical research studies, and assisted thousands of people about holistic health issues. I've studied food labels, product ingredients, home toxins, detox diets, biochemistry, nutrition, biology, chemistry, alternative health, etc. I had no idea about the quantity of toxins in our food, air, water, medications and environment.
- I have embraced holistic alternatives for wellness promotion.
- We are exceptionally healthy and happy, needing no prescription, nor over-the-counter pharmaceuticals in the 12 years since our son was born.
- We utilize alternative healing modalities, such as classical homeopathy, aromatherapy, flower essence, herbal healing, acupuncture and whole food nutrition to optimize our health.
- I'm passionate about sharing the amazing power of the body to heal itself, when provided with a healthy environment and energized nourishment!
- We had allergies, sinus infections, headaches, rashes, congestion, asthma, etc before we embraced natural health and wellness. Nature is an amazing healer!
*This* site is about empowering ourselves to tune into our bodies and use whole food nutrition and other natural tools to live our best lives. I have a fundamental trust in our body's ability to do just that.
- I don't need confirmation or approval from "experts" or biomedical tests. I was in the medical industry for decades; I know how they look at the body. I know their 'go to' tools. Once I left that paradigm behind, I began to see differently. I saw others who cared for their bodies and who were mindful of what they put into their bodies. They did not embrace fear-based medicine and dependency upon laboratory tests to tell them about *their* body. AND they were healthy and thriving!
- Heal Thyself, is for people who are interested in that. Everyone will, of course, use her own discretion and judgment to determine whether she is comfortable or needs to seek professional assistance. But the discussions here will center around trusting our bodies, finding optimal nutrition for our bodies and embracing natural health.
Pat Robinson, Wellness Educator
Holistic Researcher & Advocate