*beet test: I've not eaten red beets in 8 months or more. When i did I had light pink pee. DD had reddish pee, thought it was blood till I remembered she'd eaten beets!
*low stomach acid - no idea if it is low or not. Probably not optimal though.
* digestive enzymes: better than it was 9 years ago. I had to take enzymes for a couple of years with every meal every day. Now I haven't had any in 3-4 years.
* All three of my children have been sensitive to foods I have eaten while nursing. Dairy being the biggest one, but also green bell peppers.
* Haven't had antibiotics since 7 years ago. As a kid though, I had them 4-10/x a year, which was penicillin based and I am allergic to that mould now.
- low serotonin - hence medication
- transsulfuration - Sulfa anything makes me quite ill. I feel nauseated for the first hour after taking MSM (for example), then the hour after that I usually end up puking. Too many eggs also make me feel ill.
- vit D have recently forgotten to take my D3, not much sun here either
- glutathione - I can't handle any caffeine. I get instantly wired, anxious, nauseated, then crash hard.
CURRENT REGIMEN (ME) -300 mg Bupropion @ Breakfast
You are so funny! Willing to down gallons of kefir but not a few bites of happy cabbage. :-D
We've been off dairy so long that I'm not sure any of us will be able to find kefir palatable--that tart flavor, in my mind, is so connected to vegetables, I'm not sure I can make it fit with a fatty drink.
You are alive! I was beginning to wonder. LOL I'll go take a bite of my sauerkraut right now. Ok, I did. After I tossed a couple pieces from the top with mold spots on them. :-) It was crunchy and sweet-tart.
Was this homemade coconut water kefir? You only need a tablespoon for huge microbial benefits.
I've pondered the benefits of kefir in the smoothie. I think it much better than no kefir. Might change the ph enough to kill a few microbials. But, we add it to smoothies and juice regularly.
LOL Yup, still alive. It was a very busy week with appointments galore. Glad you tried your cabbage!
Yes, I made the kefir with a starter kit package (not grains) with some coconut water. Just a TBL huh? I think I can manage that okay. I had read on another site that like a cup was recommended. No way I could do that. LOL.
Would you take just one TBL a day, or a couple times a day?
I liked the flavour the coconut kefir added to the shake anyway.
I received my package of fCLO and high vitamin butter and some crushed kelp. I tried those in a shake and bleh. No way. But just fine on a spoon, followed by some shake. I don't think my kids will like it though.
I also got a magnesium and a selenium supplement. I am pretty sure I am already noticing a difference from starting those!
Now just waiting for my water kefir grains to arrive from someone in Denmark.
Wellness is an active process of personal accountability.
This list shares personal experience and information only and should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and information shared are the views of the individual member.
Everyone must use her own discretion and judgment to determine whether you are comfortable or need to seek professional assistance. We are not your doctor.
The information contained in these pages is not intended to take the place of your health professional's advice. It is derived from our personal experience and research, and may shed light on your health complaints. In case of serious ailments which may not respond favorably, please seek the counsel of a qualified health professional.
"What do you expect the doctor to do? He can only prescribe something that will mask the symptoms until you heal yourself. He can not heal you."~ Gitti
“Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.” --Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)