~ Food Has Power ~
ALKALINE FOODS COOKBOOK
Recipe - Quinoa Pilaf
Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes (6-8 servings)
* 6 cups quinoa, cooked (basic recipe, doubled, pg 45)
* 1/2 cup red onion, diced
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
* 1 cup almonds, sliced
* 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
* 1/4 tsp oregano
* sea salt to taste
1. Sauté chopped vegetables in olive oil until clear, yet crisp. Stir in oregano.
2. Add sautéed vegetables to cooked, hot quinoa, mixing well.
3. Add salt to taste.
4. Dry-roast almonds in a heated skillet until lightly golden, add almonds and mix.