Although I don't feel like I have any obvious symptoms of metal toxicity, I am very concerned about my amalgams. I foolishly had one replaced when my son was only 6 months old, and I feel very fortunate that he has not shown any signs of damage from that. I am pregnant and nursing now, so I plan to just keep taking mega doses of vit. C and leaving it at that.

Here are my questions:
What should a person avoid consuming in order to keep the mercury as stable and partitioned off as possible?

In what situations (obviously, not nursing or pregnant!) does it make sense to have amalgams removed?

There are times when I can taste my fillings and it really scares me. I would give so much to just have them out of my head. But I don't want to make the situation worse. Pat, I know I have seen you write that you would never get your fillings removed, what are people's opinions on removal. If a person is not going to have fillings out, what steps should they take to remove or neutralize the mercury, and can this ever be made a non-problem?

Views: 267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Running out the door at the moment. But, I'd consider removal, if fewer than four, under proper removal and chelating, not nursing/preg, of course.

No kombucha, no yeast kills, no big doses of biotin, no systemic antifungals, no cilantro, no ALA.

Gradually work up to a lot of whole food probiotics. Selenium, magnesium, zinc. Heavy metal tested, organic kelp-low doses, slowly increase.

Consider zeolite (can't recommend while pregnant) or clay.

This thread has a lot of information: http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?p=14109667&...

Pat
So no systemic antifungals would include garlic, oregano and grapefruit seed extract?
Depends on who you ask. :-)

An MD may well be fine giving Diflucan to a pregnant mama. I wouldn't take it.

So, imo, garlic, oregano spice are ok. My premise is natural amounts of whole foods are safe for the body. I would not do oregano oil or GSE while pregnant. Maybe while nursing, but probably not with mercury fillings.

I'd focus on magnesium, zinc, selenium, vit C. Caution, dosing with selenium has a narrow range per the RDA.

Pat
Would you suggest supplementation in this case, then? Not cilantro, even though it's a food? Hmm, I have been taking gse for years, never knew there was a risk with mercury drawing. So, would you say that, if I have an overgrowth of candida, that it is related to neutralizing the mercury so I need it? How do I compensate for the adverse effects of the candida on my metabolism, then? I have exactly 4 fillings, and one gold crown.

It sounds like I should hang on and try to stay sane for the next four or five years, and then do some chelating once I am not nursing? But it isn't possible to chelate all the mercury from fillings, right, since they are still going to be there? I guess ight now I am trying to figure out how to stay sane - the hypoglycemic symptoms feel a bit dangerous to me - it can't be okay to have that extent of blood sugar swings.

What are the magnesium, zinc and selenium for?
Personally, I"m not keen on supplementing. I believe we can get what we need from food. However, that is more difficult in the midst of a health crisis, such as candida and pregnancy.

I can't prescribe doses. :-) I'd stay within the RDA, maximums.

The website "World's Healthiest Foods" is a favorite resource for me.

Magnesium: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=75
Zinc: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=115
Selenium: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=95

40 other major nutrients
: http://www.whfoods.com/nutrientstoc.php

The hypoglycemia is helped by correcting adrenal fatigue, hypothyroid issues. Have you had saliva testing done on your hormones? Of course, they'd be off-kilter while pregnant.

Green juicing, bone broths, green smoothies help. And protein every three hours helps, ime.

Yes, I avoid cilantro in food. I have 10 mercury fillings. It releases stored mercury into circulation, ALSO pulls it from teeth, per my understanding. Vit C and selenium help to bind the mercury for excretion out of the body. Magnesium and zinc help with effective detoxification.

Are you asking do you A) need the GSE,
or do you B) "need" the candida.

Probably B.

Lemon in water throughout the day, (not first thing in the morning) will help to improve alkalinity of the body, making it less hospitable for candida.

Can't chelate with mercury fillings In your mouth! Must use the IOAMT mercury amalgam removal protocol, with ventilation, oxygen, dams, and THEN chelating. And no pregnancy for 24 months afterwards. Huge deal.

Pat
Thanks. Yeah, filling removal and chelation are way out of the picture for the next several years, just curious. I just want to feel good, you know? And I don't want another colicky baby, if it can be helped. I have modified my diet considerably, and I am not afraid to continue to modify it, I just want to move in a productive direction.

Is it okay to fight the candida with diet, if not with a cleanse, or will that combat the mercury negation? Do you avoid coriander seed as well?
I don't avoid coriander. Although, we rarely use it. I believe, not certain, I read that coriander is ok. Doesn't make sense to me, though.

Personally, I don't believe that cow's milk is meant for human consumption. :-) I only use cultured dairy, in small doses for the probiotic benefit. I believe that nourishing my body is my priority, and trust my body to balance itself, without attacking my body. However, that includes natural antifungals, antibacterial and antimicrobial spices in "normal" amounts in my food preparation. I use spices without fear. Just skip cilantro due to my fillings.

I'd stop all dairy and be sure to eat some Bubbies sauerkraut 2-3 times per day. Here is a thread about preventing allergies in pregnancy: http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=471144

Here are a bunch more about allergies, colic, food intolerances. http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=1125794&h...

And this one is HUGELY informative: prenatal allergy prevention, nutrition-style: http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=1115528&h...

Basically, colicy baby is generally due to food intolerances in your gut/body. Dairy (soy) and gluten (and corn) are the Big Four. I'd avoid them during pregnancy, if I knew then, what I know now. It is much easier to start now, then trying to figure out a whole new diet post-partum with a colicy baby and sleep deprivation, trust me.

Pat
Also this thread with currently pregnant WAPF mamas: http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=1087021

Caution the CO, kombucha, and lots of dairy advice, imo.

Pat
Thanks. I just can't imagine what I would replace the dairy with, but I will think about it.
Also, what is the concern with coconut oil (since I just bought a gallon on the WAPF recommendation:)
[I thought I replied to this. >???]

Are you concerned about calcium or protein?

Bone broths, greens, beans have calcium. Also, herbal infusions such as Nettles, Chickweed.

Also green smoothies have complete amino acids to make protein, if you vary the greens. Nuts, beans, legumes, meats, eggs, quinoa, amaranth all are protein sources.

I make up a dried fruit, berries, nuts, seeds, coconut 'granola', which I carry with me everywhere for quick protein.

Pat

Sarah Thompson said:
Thanks. I just can't imagine what I would replace the dairy with, but I will think about it.
Coconut oil is caprylic acid, which is a medium chain fatty acid which kills candida in the gut. "Too much" is an issue, when we have excess stored mercury.

Pat

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Newsletter

Adrenal Fatigue?

New eCourse: You can feel better. You will feel better!

Start Here...

Master Tonic 101

14 Steps for Healthy Guts

The Beet Test (stomach acid)

Healthy Poop 101

Overwhelmed? Where To Start?

Candida 101

Signs and Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency

Nettle Leaf Infusion 101

10pm Bedtime Club 14-Day Green Smoothie Challenge

Sharing Starter Cultures

Probiotic Selection

Water Kefir vs. Kombucha         Natural Remedies for Flu

Latest Activity

Kristalina Georgieva updated their profile
Jan 17
Profile IconHollie Ilene Smith, Aisha Al Mazrouei, Stella Abud and 5 more joined Heal Thyself!
Nov 25, 2021
Shelly Robison updated their profile
Jul 9, 2021
Rev W-W updated their profile
Feb 3, 2021
Profile IconMara Stova, Trickels and Lisa Lane joined Heal Thyself!
Dec 11, 2020
Theresa B. Kinscherf updated their profile
Nov 5, 2020
Profile IconChantelle Trudeau, lesley kramer, Stella Abu and 5 more joined Heal Thyself!
Oct 31, 2020
Kelly B updated their profile
Oct 18, 2020
Rhonda is now a member of Heal Thyself!
Sep 25, 2020
Valerie A. Handleton is now a member of Heal Thyself!
Sep 18, 2020
Pat Robinson updated their profile
Feb 15, 2020
Profile IconKailani Fox and ELLEN M. CORNIA joined Heal Thyself!
Feb 1, 2019
Tiffany Compton updated their profile
Jan 17, 2019
Marlis Ahmed updated their profile
Jan 8, 2019
Profile Iconmark mlinaric, Pamela Roberts, JoAnne Wajer and 17 more joined Heal Thyself!
Jan 4, 2019
Profile IconEileen Ortiz, Claudette Russell, Pam Bulluck and 12 more joined Heal Thyself!
Oct 5, 2017
Profile IconDesiree Turner, Elena Reed, Debra Montenegro and 30 more joined Heal Thyself!
Jul 25, 2017
Alisha Kapoor posted a blog post
Jul 25, 2017
Edward Kendal joined Shannon's group
May 24, 2017
Meg Bennett shared a profile on Facebook
Feb 28, 2017

Videos

• Add Videos

Disclaimer

Wellness is an active process of personal accountability.

This list shares personal experience and information only and should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and information shared are the views of the individual member.

Everyone must use her own discretion and judgment to determine whether you are comfortable or need to seek professional assistance. We are not your doctor.

The information contained in these pages is not intended to take the place of your health professional's advice. It is derived from our personal experience and research, and may shed light on your health complaints. In case of serious ailments which may not respond favorably, please seek the counsel of a qualified health professional.

"What do you expect the doctor to do? He can only prescribe something that will mask the symptoms until you heal yourself. He can not heal you."~ Gitti

Heal Thyself!

“Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.” --Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Blog Posts

Homemade Beauty Tips to Enhance Beauty Naturally

Posted by Alisha Kapoor on August 12, 2016 at 1:19pm

Cancer Vaccines Are Profitable Business

Posted by Pat Robinson on May 5, 2015 at 5:00pm — 1 Comment

Vaccine Safety and the CDC

Posted by Pat Robinson on March 29, 2015 at 7:30pm

I certainly don't fear the measles.

Posted by Pat Robinson on January 23, 2015 at 10:59am — 3 Comments

Gluten-Free Snacks

Posted by Pat Robinson on May 26, 2014 at 8:30pm

Cholesterol 101