I wasn't sure what category to put this under... But I would like some info on what kind of water is best to drink. I have a friend who goes to get reverse osmosis water and fills up glass jugs every week. I've been using a filter that attached to our fridge, but it was recently checked by our electo- dermal screener, and she said it wasn't good. Now I'm using bottled spring water but I'm not do happy about the plastic it comes in. Is a Brita filter any good?

Thanks,
Julie <>/body>

Views: 3714

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gosh, this is strange! I have heard about water, water, water for three days straight. Something must be in the news or, in the water. ;-)

Apparently, Union county has HIGH arsenic in the water table. We are just looking to see how to go about getting our water tested for heavy metals.

I don't know an answer for you. I've started a thread about Toxic Water, at MDC: http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=1139875

We use RO water and I add a pinch of Redman's sea salt to it. For cooking, I use our well water. We often carry RO water in stainless for portability. And occasionally purchase spring water from Costco. But, apparently, some "bottled water" is actually city water put in plastic bottles! I also use bottled Mineral Water from Europe for the added minerals, maybe a case a month. I use it for making bone broth and smoothies.

Some folks add ConcenTrace to add nutrients to RO water. http://www.traceminerals.com/products/drops.html

I believe the Brita may take out chlorine, but not fluoride, nor heavy metals.

Pat
I'll have to try the reverse osmosis water. I wish we had well water....

Thanks, Pat. :)
We run an reverse osmosis filter on our well water, and I haven't ever added anything but lemon to it. I also buy San Pellegrino mineral water, and then I save those bottles because they are terrific water bottles (by the 750mL screw tops). Our water tests very clear and tastes very good.

I don't have any information about what anyone should be doing, but that's what we are doing and it feels right.
Does anybody have any thoughts on this particular water filter? It looks really good but is way out of my price range.

http://www.radiantlifecatalog.com/spotlight_landing
Here are two other threads about Toxic Water and Ionized Water.

Basically, city water is unhealthy due to medications and chemicals in the water which are NOT removed. Alkalized (mineralized) water is easy with a pinch of sea salt added to water. Or with bone broths, herbal infusions or green smoothies for nutrients.

Pat
Lisa, distilled water is dead. It has no nutrient value other than H2O. The sea has 50-100 minerals in the water. Our body requires some 25 macro and microminerals. 99% of the mass of the human body is made up of the six elements oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus. So, distilled and reverse osmosis water is deficient in the most important ones: carbon, nitrogen, calcium and phosphorus. Additionally, there are other critical and essential "Trace Minerals" missing!

Drinking straight distilled or RO water will pull minerals out of bones and organs for cellular functioning. It does not pull heavy metals and toxins out of the cells, as far as I know. Hydration could make you feel better, short term. But, basically, distilled and RO water are starving the body of nutrients.

City water isn't much healthier, unfortunately.

We can add back sea minerals to distilled and RO water with just a tiny pinch of sea salt. It is just so easy to add the 84 minerals in Himalayan salt, or the 75 minerals and trace elements in Celtic Sea Salt®, or the 50 trace minerals in Redman's Sea Salt, with just a pinch to receive alkalizing benefits.

Most Americans are deficient in magnesium (an alkalizing ion). So, a pinch of Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) in water provides plenty of alkalizing minerals to water for about $8 a year.

Distilled and reverse osmosis are two different processes of removing all elements from water. Water needs to be alive to nourish us, alive with minerals and their ion charges.

Pat

I am interested in this too.  We live in the city and drink either just the regular tap water or we have a Clear2O filter pitcher, but its almost impossible to use it for all of our water and not be re-filling it constantly, which gets kind of annoying.  Plus, I don't think it filters out flouride. 

I'd love to know what other people who live in the city are doing!  I hate the thought of drinking all the crap like medications etc that is in the water system. : (

So what is the best water to drink? Distilled, RO and tap are out. What is best?

After realy looking itno it, I just found that a regular carbon filter system seems pretty good to me. I know they don't all filter out flouride, but it seems like the best option for us. I have one hooked up to our fridge and I use that water to cook too.

I have heard that spring water is the best. If you can find one, you take your own containers and fill them. I have a friend who has one!

That is an advertisement, with or without link. No go. Heal Thyself is not an advertisement bulletin board. Heal Thyself is advertisement-free.

Pat

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Newsletter

Adrenal Fatigue?

New eCourse: You can feel better. You will feel better!

Start Here...

Master Tonic 101

14 Steps for Healthy Guts

The Beet Test (stomach acid)

Healthy Poop 101

Overwhelmed? Where To Start?

Candida 101

Signs and Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency

Nettle Leaf Infusion 101

10pm Bedtime Club 14-Day Green Smoothie Challenge

Sharing Starter Cultures

Probiotic Selection

Water Kefir vs. Kombucha         Natural Remedies for Flu

Latest Activity

Kristalina Georgieva updated their profile
Jan 17
Profile IconHollie Ilene Smith, Aisha Al Mazrouei, Stella Abud and 5 more joined Heal Thyself!
Nov 25, 2021
Shelly Robison updated their profile
Jul 9, 2021
Rev W-W updated their profile
Feb 3, 2021
Profile IconMara Stova, Trickels and Lisa Lane joined Heal Thyself!
Dec 11, 2020
Theresa B. Kinscherf updated their profile
Nov 5, 2020
Profile IconChantelle Trudeau, lesley kramer, Stella Abu and 5 more joined Heal Thyself!
Oct 31, 2020
Kelly B updated their profile
Oct 18, 2020
Rhonda is now a member of Heal Thyself!
Sep 25, 2020
Valerie A. Handleton is now a member of Heal Thyself!
Sep 18, 2020
Pat Robinson updated their profile
Feb 15, 2020
Profile IconKailani Fox and ELLEN M. CORNIA joined Heal Thyself!
Feb 1, 2019
Tiffany Compton updated their profile
Jan 17, 2019
Marlis Ahmed updated their profile
Jan 8, 2019
Profile Iconmark mlinaric, Pamela Roberts, JoAnne Wajer and 17 more joined Heal Thyself!
Jan 4, 2019
Profile IconEileen Ortiz, Claudette Russell, Pam Bulluck and 12 more joined Heal Thyself!
Oct 5, 2017
Profile IconDesiree Turner, Elena Reed, Debra Montenegro and 30 more joined Heal Thyself!
Jul 25, 2017
Alisha Kapoor posted a blog post
Jul 25, 2017
Edward Kendal joined Shannon's group
May 24, 2017
Meg Bennett shared a profile on Facebook
Feb 28, 2017

Videos

• Add Videos

Disclaimer

Wellness is an active process of personal accountability.

This list shares personal experience and information only and should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and information shared are the views of the individual member.

Everyone must use her own discretion and judgment to determine whether you are comfortable or need to seek professional assistance. We are not your doctor.

The information contained in these pages is not intended to take the place of your health professional's advice. It is derived from our personal experience and research, and may shed light on your health complaints. In case of serious ailments which may not respond favorably, please seek the counsel of a qualified health professional.

"What do you expect the doctor to do? He can only prescribe something that will mask the symptoms until you heal yourself. He can not heal you."~ Gitti

Heal Thyself!

“Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.” --Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Blog Posts

Homemade Beauty Tips to Enhance Beauty Naturally

Posted by Alisha Kapoor on August 12, 2016 at 1:19pm

Cancer Vaccines Are Profitable Business

Posted by Pat Robinson on May 5, 2015 at 5:00pm — 1 Comment

Vaccine Safety and the CDC

Posted by Pat Robinson on March 29, 2015 at 7:30pm

I certainly don't fear the measles.

Posted by Pat Robinson on January 23, 2015 at 10:59am — 3 Comments

Gluten-Free Snacks

Posted by Pat Robinson on May 26, 2014 at 8:30pm

Cholesterol 101