My husband is having some ongoing health issues and I would appreciate any input as to how to bring healing to his body.

He's almost chronically bloated and gets a lot of gas and pressure in his stomach. He has sores on his scalp that seem to be getting worse; toenail fungus that he's had for at least 10 years. He's had diverticulitis, and kidney stones, joint problems, and chronic sinus problems that he self medicates with yucky, unhealthy nose sprays. He's also having anxiety attacks where he struggles to breath. He was born with a cleft palate and that contributes to the breathing trouble.

I think the sores on his head got much worse after he had some titanium implants put in his mouth. I can't be sure though and don't know how to deal with that. Any advice would be helpful with his health situation.

Thanks,
Julie

Views: 764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The bloating and gas sound like a malabsorption issue - my first thoughts are stomach acid and gluten. Would he be willing to give gluten-free a try? Does he pass the beet test?

Joint problems could easily be a sulfate issue - does he like and/or eat high sulfur foods like eggs and brassicas and onions/garlic?

Cleft palate and anxiety both point to potential MTHFR polymorphisms increasing his need for food folate. Does he eat many folate foods?
I think he would try gluten free. He went to a natural path a while ago who told him to stay away from wheat, which he did for about 2 weeks. I need to really convince him.

He does eat eggs pretty regularly, and onions. I wonder if the joint problems could also be caused by food allergies, or gluten intolerance?

I don't know what MTHFR polymorphisms are. Could you fill me in on that?
http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/topics/mthfr-a1298c
http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/topics/mthfr-c677t-folate
http://www.detoxpuzzle.com/folate.php

Basically, MTHFR polymorphisms mean his genetics may make him need a different form of folate.

The joint issues could easily be due to food sensitivities, but I've been looking at the reasons for having food sensitivities in the first place - and it all boils down to nutrient deficiencies, based on your genetics. My approach is to address the deficiencies because I only made them worse with a year and a half of elimination diets for me and dd.
This sounds like my husband- the MTHFR polymorphisms. This is so interesting. I understand what your saying too about the food sensitivity issue, and the elimination diet. It makes so much more sense to get to the root of the problem.

I've got to talk him into the beet test. I've never done it myself either.

So he needs needs to eat foods rich in folate and not take folic acid. He's been taking b-complex and multis' for quite a while.
Metagenics and Thorne have some stuff that has the active form of folate, 5-MTHF.

Joints (connective tissue) need a lot of sulfate, which comes from the sulfur foods. It's possible (I think I'm seeing this in us) that the sulfate can go to the wrong places due to the way calcium is signaling. Does he also have keratosis pilaris and strong nails by chance?
Thanks for the folate info.

I had to google search keratosis pilaris. I haven't noticed anything like that on my husband. He's sleeping now or I would go take a closer look, but I don't think so. He does have the toenail fungus though on every toe. His toenails are yellowish and thick. He also has these sores on his head for the past few years. They look like an acne breakout on his scalp, but they hurt and his scalp gets swollen. They're almost like welts.
The fungus along with the gas/bloating makes me think yeast overgrowth is pretty likely. Probiotics (kefir?) and biotin might help, but go slow and watch out for die off. It also means you should think about metal toxicity. I'm not an expert there, but there are ways to test and ways to treat.
I was thinking metal toxicity might be involved. He had a lot of mercury fillings removed by a regular dentist years ago with no detox after, and he had 2 titanium implants put in a few years ago. It seems to me that his head started breaking out after the implants were put in. So I'm thinking he might be having a reaction to them also.

I just got some kefir starter from Pat, so I can start giving him that for the candida. The hard thing is getting him to eat healthy. I have started making fermented veggies and he will usually eat those.

In what form do you recommend the biotin?

You are so knowledgeable about health issues. Do you know anything about chronic pancreatitis? I've had it for 7 yrs now since a bout with mono. I'm battling candida myself and going through metal detox after filling removal. I just don't know what else to do to get my pancreas healed. I don't know why I still have this.

I appreciate your help.

Julie :)
I'm doing 5-10mg of biotin capsules. But we don't have candida issues to speak of, so I don't really know about detox. You'd probably want to start a lot lower than that - closer to the RDA.

I don't know anything about chronic pancreatitis, sorry.
Thanks for all your advice. It really helps. My husband read this today so he knows the steps to take.

Thanks Again,
Julie <>/body>
No problem! I'd love to get feedback if anything actually helps (or doesn't help) if you remember to come back and post :)
This is my "Cliffs Notes" version for health guts.

Lemon in water. Bone broth. Epsom salt baths. Then Green juices or broccoli or liver. Then..

Most cost effective alternatives are whole food nutrients.

homemade bone broth every. single. day. 1 cup (MANY nutrients needed for detox, plus minerals)
homemade milk kefir every. single. day. 1 cup (gradually work up, start with an ounce, increase by 1 ounce a week.) (B vits, enzymes, most probiotics in proper ph)
homemade kombucha every. single. day. (start with an ounce, increase by 1 ounce a month, if no mercury fillings.) (displaces and replaces candida albicans in the gut)
green smoothie every. single. day. day 2 cups (any juice plus any dark leafy greens, rotate produce)
liver one ounce, only three times a week. (B-vits essential for detox)

coconut oil 1 Tbls every. single. day. (medium chain fatty acids, kills candida in the large intestine)
fermented CLO, every. single day. (most expensive item) (vit A, D, K, EFAs)
Bubbies sauerkraut 1 Tbls. every. single. day. (or other raw, fermented food) (probiotics)
Brazil nuts 2 ONLY, every. single. day. (selenium)
Epsom salts a pinch in water, all day long. (magnesium sulfate)
Celtic Sea Salt a pinch in every glass of water, broth. (microminerals)
Lemon juice, fresh squeezed, 1 tsp. in every glass of water or smoothie. (alkalizing to body ph, paradoxically)
Raw local honey, 1 Tbls at bedtime. (helps bifidum bacteria to grow in the gut)
Egg yolk, 1 per day. (if not IgE) (nutrients help to detox)
Vit C, 1000mg, two times a day. (helps to detox)

Total cost about $4 per day.

Pat

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Newsletter

Adrenal Fatigue?

New eCourse: You can feel better. You will feel better!

Start Here...

Master Tonic 101

14 Steps for Healthy Guts

The Beet Test (stomach acid)

Healthy Poop 101

Overwhelmed? Where To Start?

Candida 101

Signs and Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency

Nettle Leaf Infusion 101

10pm Bedtime Club 14-Day Green Smoothie Challenge

Sharing Starter Cultures

Probiotic Selection

Water Kefir vs. Kombucha         Natural Remedies for Flu

Latest Activity

Kristalina Georgieva updated their profile
Jan 17
Profile IconHollie Ilene Smith, Aisha Al Mazrouei, Stella Abud and 5 more joined Heal Thyself!
Nov 25, 2021
Shelly Robison updated their profile
Jul 9, 2021
Rev W-W updated their profile
Feb 3, 2021
Profile IconMara Stova, Trickels and Lisa Lane joined Heal Thyself!
Dec 11, 2020
Theresa B. Kinscherf updated their profile
Nov 5, 2020
Profile IconChantelle Trudeau, lesley kramer, Stella Abu and 5 more joined Heal Thyself!
Oct 31, 2020
Kelly B updated their profile
Oct 18, 2020
Rhonda is now a member of Heal Thyself!
Sep 25, 2020
Valerie A. Handleton is now a member of Heal Thyself!
Sep 18, 2020
Pat Robinson updated their profile
Feb 15, 2020
Profile IconKailani Fox and ELLEN M. CORNIA joined Heal Thyself!
Feb 1, 2019
Tiffany Compton updated their profile
Jan 17, 2019
Marlis Ahmed updated their profile
Jan 8, 2019
Profile Iconmark mlinaric, Pamela Roberts, JoAnne Wajer and 17 more joined Heal Thyself!
Jan 4, 2019
Profile IconEileen Ortiz, Claudette Russell, Pam Bulluck and 12 more joined Heal Thyself!
Oct 5, 2017
Profile IconDesiree Turner, Elena Reed, Debra Montenegro and 30 more joined Heal Thyself!
Jul 25, 2017
Alisha Kapoor posted a blog post
Jul 25, 2017
Edward Kendal joined Shannon's group
May 24, 2017
Meg Bennett shared a profile on Facebook
Feb 28, 2017

Videos

• Add Videos

Disclaimer

Wellness is an active process of personal accountability.

This list shares personal experience and information only and should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and information shared are the views of the individual member.

Everyone must use her own discretion and judgment to determine whether you are comfortable or need to seek professional assistance. We are not your doctor.

The information contained in these pages is not intended to take the place of your health professional's advice. It is derived from our personal experience and research, and may shed light on your health complaints. In case of serious ailments which may not respond favorably, please seek the counsel of a qualified health professional.

"What do you expect the doctor to do? He can only prescribe something that will mask the symptoms until you heal yourself. He can not heal you."~ Gitti

Heal Thyself!

“Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.” --Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Blog Posts

Homemade Beauty Tips to Enhance Beauty Naturally

Posted by Alisha Kapoor on August 12, 2016 at 1:19pm

Cancer Vaccines Are Profitable Business

Posted by Pat Robinson on May 5, 2015 at 5:00pm — 1 Comment

Vaccine Safety and the CDC

Posted by Pat Robinson on March 29, 2015 at 7:30pm

I certainly don't fear the measles.

Posted by Pat Robinson on January 23, 2015 at 10:59am — 3 Comments

Gluten-Free Snacks

Posted by Pat Robinson on May 26, 2014 at 8:30pm

Cholesterol 101